#MPOWERment Workout Music #7 – Miss T pities the foo’ who misses this one!
Well things have been nutty and all over the place in my life lately, both way cool and some not so very, but I digress as the uppity stuff outweighs the crudsky, and this has caused a serious drought on my posts…sorry! My friend Ian did a wicked post today on facebook. He made mention of how April is sort of the real month of getting your ish together for the summer beach exposure (not January) so this means yes, you still have time people even if you flunked out of Resolution High (what?!? lol). Here are some tunes to help get your hippity hop (it IS Easter this month) on the transformation train and don’t forget my fit tip at the end of the list!
1. Avicii & Sebastien Drums – My Feelings For You
2. Ke$ha – Sleazy
3. Afrojack & R3hab – Prutataa Dada Life Remix
4. Pitbull & Nicola Fasano – Oye Baby
5. David Guetta feat Will.I.am – On the Dancefloor
6. Duran Duran – Wildboys (one of the best vids)
7. Disturbed – Land of Confusion (Props to Phil Collins’ original!)
8. Sonic Youth – Drunken Butterfly
9. Whale – Hobo Humping Slobo Babe (excuse the Beavis and Butthead video just get the song, it’s goood)
10. Tricky – Overcome (my “cooldown” tune)
With April being the month of chocolate easter eggs and bunnies for so many, here is your fit/health tip. If you are going to indulge in some chocolate treats and/or have kids who will be, make the chocolate the kind that has some good health promoting properties to it. The most popular method for determining antioxidant capacity is called an ORAC “Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity.” (The capacity for something to “absorb” or eliminate oxidative free radicals). Dark chocolate that is at least 70% cacao is found high on the ORAC scale so be sure to look for this on the chocolate you decide to hand out or eat this Easter season to reap some health benefits. Do be sure to watch your portion sizes though! Another little extra to this is to take that chocolate and create a sort of treasure hunt for your kids. Hide the chocolate around the yard and have them race to find where the “Easter Bunny” hid it and better yet, YOU be the one chasing them! Let them hunt for their treats just as we used to hunt for our food 😉