- 14 oz pink salmon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp garlic & herb seasoning blend
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C), and spray cookie sheet with olive oil spray.
- Drain salmon and remove bones.
- Chop onion, add to salmon. Add egg and spices to salmon. Mix together.
- Form into 4 patties and place on cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until browned.
Aside from my living arrangement, I just do not really enjoy cooking because it takes far too much of my time. Can I cook? Sure but I would rather not and when I do, I prefer things that are simple. I found this recipe on my FatSecret App and it is actually a simple no brainer that doesn’t take a lot of time or attention. It is low in carbs, high in protein and gives you a good dose of omega 3’s. I would suggest using a lettuce cup aka two big pieces of lettuce head, raddicio if you like something somewhat bitter but uber healthy or you can use a big stalk of your favourite greens for the bun. You can of course just eat this on its own with a knife and fork and side of veggies too but it is kind of nice to eat it like a burger 🙂 Add some pickles (if you’re not watching your sodium intake :p, tomatoes for the lycopene which is actually better absorbed with the fat from the salmon, some hot sauce and BAM delish. If you cook the salmon just right it gets a little crunch to it and if you are anything like me who craves crunchy at times, this is a nice treat. Enjoy!